Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Autumn


In many societies, autumn brings the New Year. That seems very right to me-it's a natural time for endings and new beginnings. It's especially so for us now, my daughter leaves for her post in the Ukraine with the Peace Corps in a few days time. How can I express my feelings about this? I am so proud of her, for making this commitment and for setting off like a pioneer into the Big Unknown! Time to test my belief that, as Kahlil Gibran tells us in The Prophet- our children are not our own, but the children of Life longing for itself. "You are the bows from which your children, as living arrows are set forth. The Archer sees his mark upon the path of the infinite and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far....."

No comments:

Post a Comment